Requirements for the design of the electronic version of the article in Journal of Rocket-Space Technology
Previously unpublished papers are accepted for consideration. References to unpublished works are inadmissible.
Articles offered in Ukrainian, Russian and English are accepted. Not more then two author's article can be published in one issue of the journal, including co-authorship.
The manuscript of the article should have the following structure (according to the requirements of the Decree of the Higher Attestation Commission of Ukraine No. 7-05 / 1 of January 15, 2003):
- formulation of the problem in general and its relation to important scientific or practical tasks;
- analysis of the latest research and publications in which the author started to solve this problem;
- the selection of previously unresolved parts of the general problem addressed by the article;
- formulating the goals of the article (setting the task);
- presentation of the main research material with full justification of the scientific results;
- conclusions from this study and prospects for further exploration in this direction.
General design requirements
- Typing text in MS Word 2007 (font Times New Roman)
- Sheet size – A4 (dimensions 210x297 mm),
- Margins – 20 mm (left, right, lower, upper)
- Spacing of lines – single;
- Paragraph indent – 1 cm.
- Language of the paper/work: Ukrainian, Russian, English (Title of the paper, authors, place of work and abstract are given sequentially in 3 languages).
- No hyphenation is allowed in the titles.
The structural elements of the article:
- UDC (1 line - affixed to the left, font Times New Roman 12 points, regular)
- DOI (line 2 - put down on the right by the editorial board of the bulletin, font Times New Roman 12, regular. The author leaves this place blank)
- Title of the article (line 3 – centered, bold, uppercase, font Times New Roman 14 points, provided in 3 languages)
- Authors (centered, sequenced as follows: initials, family name, font Times New Roman 14 points, regular, in 3 languages. If the authors are from different organizations, add a superscript number as a note mark after the last name of the respective author for each organization);
- The place of work (centered, in the sequence: organization, address, country. Font: Times New Roman 12 points, italic, in 3 languages. If there are several organizations, the information on each organization should begin on a new line);
- Abstract (separated by one blank line from the place of work, provided in 3 languages: Ukrainian, Russian, English. The abstract is given as a single paragraph without indentation. Number of annotation characters is not less than 1800. Abstract structure: word “Abstract.” in the corresponding language with a period (full stop) at the end, text of the abstract, keywords. Font Times New Roman 10 points, bold, justified by width. Keywords should start from a new line and be capitalized);
- The text of the article (The text of the article should be in 2 columns, each 8 cm wide, with 1 cm between columns. Font Times New Roman 12 points, regular. Figures and tables can be executed either in columns or across the widths of the page if they do not fit the width of the column);
- Bibliographic references (executed according to ДСТУ 8302: 2015 in columns, Times New Roman 12 points, regular, with list numbering. The name "Bibliographic references" is made in the middle of the column in Times New Roman 12 points, bold, and separated from the text above and below by skipping one line). References in the text are made in square brackets with the source number according to the list in the bibliographic reference, for example, . The numbering of the sources is given by the sequence of mentioning in the text;
- Information about admission to the editorial board (the date on which the article was submitted to the editorial board in italics, font Times New Roman 10, is given. Example: Received by the Editorial Board on May 20, 2020);
- ‘Information about the Authors’ section (the title is given in Times New Roman 12 points, bold, and separated from the text by a single line. Information includes a 3x4 cm photo and the following information (Times New Roman 10 points): Full name. Country. Organization. Position, academic degree, academic rank. Area of interests).
Design of illustrations and tables
- All illustrations should be made as drawings. The figure is given after the first reference in the text. If the picture does not fit on the page after the first reference, it is placed on the next page. If the drawing includes several graphic components, they should be grouped to enable moving them as a whole drawing around the article.
- An example of a reference to a picture: “fig. 1.".
- Information about the picture should be shown under the figure in the middle with the Times New Roman 11 points, bold, in the following sequence: “Figure Number of the figure – Name of the figure”. Example: “Figure 2 – Structural diagram”. Additional information on the components of the figure is given under the name of the figure in Times New Roman 10 points regular. The components of the figure are given below and are indicated by letters in Times New Roman 11 points, italics. An example of a link to a component of the figure: “f 3a."
- The table must be open. The table is given in the text of the article after the first link. Link example: “tab. 1".
- Information about the table is given above the table and includes the word Table, table number – the name of the table. Example: “Table 1 – Main characteristics of the device” The name of the table is indented (1 cm) with Times New Roman 11 points, bold, justified.
- If the table does not fit on the page, then on the next page above the table is written "Continuation of the table. and its number ", or "The end of the table and its number” if the table ends.
- A set of formulas is carried out outside the text in the Microsoft Equation editor.
- The text size of the formulas should not differ from the font of the text.
- The formula number should be affixed to the right end of the line with the formula in parentheses, for example, “(5)”. The formula is given in the middle of the line and there should be separated from the formula number. When referring to a formula, the formula number is given in parentheses.
- At the end of the formula, a period/full stop “.” is put if the new text comes next, or “;” if another formula is given from a new line, or “,” if the explanation is given by the formula.
- Formula conventions should be given below the formula with the indentation of a paragraph and should begin with the word “where.” Then follows the designation of the element of the formula, then "–", and then the explanation. Each explanation is given from a new line with an indent and is separated from the next explanation by “;”. Explanations are given in the sequence of their appearance in the formula.
The structural elements of the test article
- Mandatory structural elements of the article are: Introduction, Formulation of the research problem, Solution of the problem, Conclusions.
- The section names are put in the middle of the column in Times New Roman 12 points, bold, and are separated from the previous text by skipping one line.
- Authors, at their discretion, can introduce other structural elements of the text of the paper.
The following should be submitted to the Editorial Board:
- electronic version of the article with information about the authors;
- expert opinion on the possibility of publishing the article;
- drawings for the article are submitted in separate files;
- information about the author (co-authors), which should include: name, patronymic, author's place of work, position, scientific interests, photo, telephone and email address.